WHAT WE BELIEVE
ARTICLES OF FAITH:
Article I: NAME
The name of the church shall be the Rubyville Community Church, located in Rubyville at Route 6, Portsmouth, Ohio.
Article II: PURPOSE
The purpose of this organization shall be to worship God, to preach and teach the Word of God, to minister in Christian service to the community in which it is located, to promote the spiritual development of believers, to seek the salvation of lost souls through evangelism and missions at home and abroad.
Article III: POLITY
This church shall be independently governed by its members who exercise the right of control in all affairs.
Article IV: FAITH
1. In the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament as verbally inspired of God and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are the Word of God and the final authority in faith and conduct.
2. In one God, the Creator of all things and man; eternally existing in three Persons, in a threefold relationship, that of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. That Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin, Mary, and is God enfleshed, and the God-man.
4. That man was created in the image of God, that he sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death which is separation from God. That Adam’s sin is imputed to the whole race of mankind, and that all human being are born with a sinful nature and in case of those who reach the state of moral responsibility, become sinners before God in thought, word and deed.
5. That the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins (the sins of all men) according to the Scriptures as a substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are freely justified and stand before God accepted in the character and merit of Jesus Christ.
6. In the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ, in His ascension into Heaven, and that in His present life He is the Head of the Church, the Lord of the individual believer, the High Priest over the House of God, and the Advocate in the Family of God.
7. In the personal, imminent, and premillennial second coming of Christ; first to receive His own to Himself, and later, to set up His earthly kingdom and to reign over redeemed Israel and all nations of the world, that is, to bring peace and blessing to the whole world.
8. That all who by faith receive the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior, are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the Holy Spirit and a new nature; that they also are anointed with the Spirit and in the Holy Spirit baptized into the Body of Christ.
9. That the Fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of man consists only of the company of those who are born again and saved through faith in Jesus Christ.
10. In the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust; everlasting blessedness of the saved. and the everlasting punishment of the unsaved.